Thursday, March 6, 2008

THE LOG CABIN BEGINS

TIMBER !!!!!
One of the first trees to come down and the largest

I thought it quite scarey to hear the chainsaw buzzing, then a cracking noise as the trunk gave way , someone yelling "timber" and then the tree fell to the ground with a thud. I was sure that Larry knew what he was doing but it was still frightening to have your husband and kids undertake such a huge job of cutting down the trees. Grandpa, who was the expert logger and had cut logs for years, was around a good bit of the time, giving lots of advice.

1 comment:

Sue said...

I remember hearing the trees coming down and then my siblings and in-laws peeling the bark off. I helped drag all the peelings and branches to the fire pit and helped burn them. It was summer so it was a hot smokey job. I was about 7 or 8 so it's pretty much the only job I could do.